Southern Trillium LLC
Southern Trillium LLC
  • Stone Mountain, GA

Spring is near.

A few pics from my personal garden as the temperatures begin to rise. Enjoy.
Oakleaf Hydrangea opening up as temperatures warm.
The great leaf colors of Katsura Japanese Maple.
Georgia Blue Veronica, or Speedwell
Georgia Blue Veronica, or Speedwell
Professor Sargent Camellia Japonica
Professor Sargent Camellia Japonica
The fragrant blooms of Clematis armandii. I am training this to climb a large pine tree in our backyard.
Golden Dawn Redwood getting ready to reveal its colors in the garden. Also one of the best botanical names - Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Ogon'. This tree will be glowing in the afternoon setting sun each day.
Just another Japanese Maple leafing out in spring.

• Michelle Eliker

I think my favorite part of spring is wandering around the yard looking for the first green buds on all the dead looking branches. I love spring flowers but for me there is something very spiritual about plants waking up each spring. Thanks for the wonderful photos!

• Teresa D

Amazing pictures! I would love to see more of that dawn redwood. I'm am having some trees cut down in my yard (mostly bradford pears) and considering adding a dawn redwood but I cant decide. Seems weird for a fir tree to be deciduous.