Linda M
Linda M
  • La Grange, IL
Asked on Jan 8, 2012

whats the easiest way to remove wallpaper

Paulette CanonicoLandlightSMiriam I
+5

• Designs by BSB

There are some very effective solutions to spray on, have you looked at Home depot or Menards?

• Angela M

With a lot of patience , words I should not say and then choose your own personal vice...mine is ice cream! Overthe years I have used everything from DIF Wallpaper Remover to steamers etc I'll look on here there are some great ideas and suggestions

• We've posted on this several times....if the walls were primed before the paper went up, try spraying with windex and use a plastic putty knife to gently peel it away. You can also use a paper tiger...don't press it into the drywall....just light perforations....and then use a steamer to remove it. Wagner makes a nice steamer unit and you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes

• Judith A

water and fabric softner

• Rule4 Building Group

Wet sponge, dish washing liquid and patience!

• Miriam I

Very popular question! Here is a link to a similar conversation on Hometalk with some more great options. http://www.hometalk.com/activity/56596

• LandlightS

Been there, done it and it is a big PIA. Get some paper remover at a big box along with a "paper tiger", have patients and just hope the wall was properly primed. Have fun....Happy New Year

• Paulette Canonico

I have done that job several times and have just finished it once again, this time I used plain old vinegar in a spray bottle. after peeling off first layer sprayed down next layer with vinegar let it set a few min and it was the easiest scrape of I have ever done