Space Saving Gift Wrap Storage

$5

The holidays have sadly come to an and and now its time to put the decorations away and get organized. Here is a very simple solution to organizing wrapping paper moving it out of the way and off the floor. It's especially great for small spaces. Utilize the virtual space in your home, ie the walls to stow away the wrapping paper until it's needed. Consider sorting the paper into categories such as
space saving gift wrap storage, cleaning tips, craft rooms, diy, organizing, shelving ideas, storage ideas
Not a lot needed.
Just
1x3 board, cut to 12 in.
Jute
7/8 - 1in. cup hooks
Cut the 13 to 12 inches. This can actually be cut to any desired size depending on the number of rolls you plan to store.
Drill 2 pocket holes at each end of the 13.Drill Pocket holes
In the wall were you plan on screwing in the 13 you may need to install at least 1 drywall anchor.
Screw the 13 to the wall, Installing it into a stud. Given that studs are normally 16 inches apart you may have to screw the other screw into a wall anchor.
Using the jute, tightly run the jute from one end to the next.
Trim the excess string.
And the wrapping paper is off the floor and out of the way. This is perfect for small spaces or craft rooms
ToolBox Divas

• Patricia

What are "pocket holes "

• Victoria Jones

I thought about using decorative brackets under the wood and putting a dowel for my ribbon. I can imagine it will have to give it a try.

• Kelly Little-Smalley

I think adding dowel rods to slide the paper over would help then from slipping. This is a very cool idea to get them organized andfoff the floor

• Brat-Carol

Yes, could you include a picture using a dowel rod? Thanks

• Ltm13646647

why not cut longer so will be sure to hit studs. A little more space will probably come in handy.

• Pat26646209

Bungee cords (in place of twine) would allow for automatic tension adjustment when you have fewer rolls of wrap

• Mary Franklin

I think small bungee cords would work in place of the jute.