Space Saving Gift Wrap Storage

$5

The holidays have sadly come to an and and now its time to put the decorations away and get organized. Here is a very simple solution to organizing wrapping paper moving it out of the way and off the floor. It's especially great for small spaces. Utilize the virtual space in your home, ie the walls to stow away the wrapping paper until it's needed. Consider sorting the paper into categories such as Christmas, birthdays, baby shower etc.
Not a lot needed.
Just
1x3 board, cut to 12 in.
Jute
7/8 - 1in. cup hooks
Cut the 13 to 12 inches. This can actually be cut to any desired size depending on the number of rolls you plan to store.
Drill 2 pocket holes at each end of the 13.Drill Pocket holes
In the wall were you plan on screwing in the 13 you may need to install at least 1 drywall anchor.
Screw the 13 to the wall, Installing it into a stud. Given that studs are normally 16 inches apart you may have to screw the other screw into a wall anchor.
Using the jute, tightly run the jute from one end to the next.
Trim the excess string.
And the wrapping paper is off the floor and out of the way. This is perfect for small spaces or craft rooms

ToolBox Divas

• Faye Rickerson

Wrapping paper storage. Looks simple, but what is a "13"?

• Dorothy Tessler

@Faye Rickerson it's a 1" x 3" piece of wood :)

• OnAmission To Succeed

Hi Faye, I believe she's referring to a 1x3

• ToolBox Divas

@Faye Rickerson Thank you! I meant 1x3 board. Thank you for pointing that out. I will correct it

• Barbara Lowell

why not make it 16" wide so you CAN screw into the studs; you can use the extra space for your yardstick, vacuum cleaner pole, etc. Lovely I would also try using bungees from the Dollar Tree, they make small thin ones you can link 2 together if needed. This would expand to accommodate whatever you stood up in there. Propping them up in the closet corner I used to find them on the ground and in the way until I did some version of this using the legs of a clothing rack and bungees.

• Deena Addis

She is referring to the 1x3 that as cut to 12"

• Deena Addis

Refer to top of post of supplies. 1x3. Cut to 12 inches

• Karen Williams

Instead of string, use something stretchy, like elastic cord, so they'd stay snug. I'd also prefer 16 - 18" width board, to take advantage of the wall stud.

• Lily Schlender

Why not use an oversized ziploc storage bag and hang it on a command hook? No wall repair if you change your decor. Your paper is protected too.

• Lily Schlender

also what about a clean 5 gal bucket. fill it with your rolls of wrapping paper and hang it with the handle to one side of the bucket on a hook off a pegboard wall? cover the rolls with a clear bag to keep clean and protected? I just keep mine in a Rubbermaid bin with hinged top.

• Mai3262815

I need a long shelf to store books but no larger than an average book. Thank you .

• Patricia

What are "pocket holes "

• Kelly Little-Smalley

I think adding dowel rods to slide the paper over would help then from slipping. This is a very cool idea to get them organized andfoff the floor

• Mary Winegarden

The dowels work perfectly. My husband made me two sets that sit on the floor. Keeps my papers from falling over. It doesn't require any string to hold them upright.

• Carol D

Mary Winegarden, would you add a picture, please.

• CM Munoz

id use a bungee cord instead of jute, it would keep things tight yet allow for additions.
    • Brat-Carol

Yes, could you include a picture using a dowel rod? Thanks
  • Ltm13646647

why not cut longer so will be sure to hit studs. A little more space will probably come in handy.