Gay Storm
Gay Storm
  • Fresno, CA
Asked on Mar 30, 2013

Where can I get a replacement for the plastic cap that holds a wood blinds wand?

Katy BattistePauliegirl1Gay Storm
+3

I have a number of windows with faux wood blinds on them. For some reason many of the plastic pieces with a small metal hook that hold the wand which opens and close them have broken. They are little used; nevertheless, they have broken. I have gone to Home Depot, Lowes and Wal-Mart, and they don't carry them or even know what they are. Any ideas?
  • Empress of Dirt - Melissa

I would go to second hand stores and look for used blinds that you can use for parts.

• LandlightS

Go to your handy Ace hardware with the wand. Have the cut a small piece of clear tubing slightly larger than the diameter wand and when you get home,,,,,,cut small pieces that will fit 3/4 the length of the hook piece on the blind, Inset the hook into the wand and pull the tubing down to cover and secure the hook to the wand. Gary PS: I assume you mean that just the plastic tube is broken. If the entire plastic tab with the hook is broken,,,,,,I hate to say it, but it's time for new blinks.

• Chris aka monkey

home depot sells them $3 xx

• Gay Storm

@ Chris: actually, Home Depot here in Fresno has nothing. @ Melissa that's a good idea, I'll try Goodwill or Salvation Army store. Thank you.

• Pauliegirl1

So, if I understand you....you cant open and close the blinds?? If that IS the case, I had the same problem....I just took the piece off and used some Gorilla Glue let it dry completely re-attach and you can open and close your blinds!! Hope that helps!!

• Katy Battiste

If you can't find replacements then go to Lowes and get tiny wooden dowels. Cut them to the correct length, about a foot or so, and put tiny hooks in the end. Find the hooks at Hobby Lobby, or Lowes hardware. Paint the dowel, or not. This is what I would do.