Stockpiling Moms
Stockpiling Moms
  • Independence, KY

DIY - How to clean your drain naturally

I love this DIY - How to clean your drain naturally. It is a great money saver! Recently I shared with you how to remove hair build-up and residue naturally.
From that post we got a tip that I wanted to share with you all on how to clean your drain naturally.
Put 1/2 cup baking soda down the drain, then 2 cups white vinegar.
Cover drain with a plate to force foam down.
Wait 30 minutes, then rinse with hot water!
Wow! What an affordable solution to chemicals! I did it and it works great! You can add 5 - 10 drops of lemon essential oil for disinfection and to help the drain smell better too!
Be sure to use HOT water after to rinse the solution through.
How to clean your drain naturally
How to clean your drain naturally
Stockpiling Moms

• Sue

Can anyone tell me where I can get baking soda from in the UK. Can get very small tubs of baking powder amongst cake making items in supermarket but is this that same thing?

• Stockpiling Moms

Yes, that is the same thing :-)

• Lois Franklin

Sue - Have you checked the cleaning aisle at your grocery store or someplace like Walmart? If you have access, you can buy baking soda, not washing soda, from Amazon. Stockpiling Moms - No, baking powder and baking soda are two entirely different things.

• Kate

You should find baking soda among the baking goods as well as baking powder, but it will be in small quantities.

• Jun6296055

Try Bicarbonate of soda which is in the baking isles in the UK.

• Dub15215532

How many times do you do this in a week?

• Lois Franklin

I've been doing this for years but never thought about plugging the drain to force the foam down! Best thing to remember is to never put any oil/grease/food down the sink.

• Candy Walsh

Thanks for the tip~I will be doing this!