Will B
Will B
  • Riverdale, GA
Asked on Jan 9, 2012

How to Clean burnt on grease off gas Stove top without scrathing it?

Tetiana  ShpekGophuk UrcelfBecky Greenwald
+14

• When that happens on our enameled cooking surface, I use fume free oven cleaner. I spray it on fairly heavy then cover with a paper towel so it does not dry out so fast. Sometimes on really heavy deposits I will spray the towel as well just to be sure it stays wet longer. After a few hours later I then come back pick up the towels and wipe clean with a wet sponge. So far this has worked well for us. The biggest issue being is once the surface is scratched it become more and more difficult to keep clean.

• Inez B

I use Bar Keepers Friend and a soft pad, works wonderfully.

• Deb B

I use Bar Keepers friend and it has helped in many items now i can"t find it

• Sun79032

If it's REALLLLLY bad, spray a little bit of oven cleaner on it & let it sit for while. That should at least soften it. Try using a plastic scraper on it or even a spoon gently. I too use Barkeepers Friend and it's wonderful. Used it to get the hard water debris off my shower tiles. Nothing else worked on it. I think Lowe's carries it & many grocery stores in the aisle where you find cleaners....I found it on the bottom shelf at my store....

• Diana H

thanks i'll have to get it, my stove top does have a ring around the burner, i've even tried Glass Cook Top heavy duty cleaner and polish, but still has a large ring on it...

• Inez B

I buy Bar Keepers Friend at my local Walmart, the liquid type works wonders for cleaning the soap scum from your tub also... Any where there is grease buildup, I have a bottle in each bathroom and the kitchen. Love it.

• Tina D

I love Barkeepers friend,I use it all over the house.

• Barbara Hedges

my daughter has real hard water. I cleaned her sink and could not believe all the stains disappeared. She had Bar Keepers and I went home and bought it at Walmart. great stuff.
  • Sun79032

Inez B. where do you find the liquid version Barkeepers? I've never seen it!

• Inez B

I believe the last time I had to get it from amazon

• Terri J

I use non-flamable engine degreaser, dilute as instructed, let it soak and take a soft scrubbing pad to it. It really smells good too. I have also used grate cleaner that you would use on your grill on my stove top, but the degreaser did a better job.

• Sun79032

Thanks, Inez.

• Rosa Hart

You need to use baking soda and little water to make a paste to get rid of grease on stove.

• Becky Greenwald

Maybe a magic eraser?

• Gophuk Urcelf

Brasso metal polish and a little elbow grease with a Scotch-Brite sponge. You'll be amazed at how well it works.

• Tetiana Shpek

I have really tried most household cleaners on this but with little success. The product I use now is the only thing that has worked and, typically, after all the previous hard work, was quick and easy. It's Coles brand. Also I just Googled and found this https://www.cookwared.com/cooktops/how-to-clean-an-induction-cooktop/