DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Raised Bed Garden (Part 3) Dirt and Planting

$50

We are finally to the end of our 3 part raised bed garden series. If you missed the first two steps, you can see them HERE and HERE. This step includes the dirt we used, the decorative rocks for our pathways and then a little planting!
raised bed garden part 3 dirt and planting, diy, gardening, how to, raised garden beds, Beds full of dirt and ready for plants
We even decided to add a big flower pot in the center so that we can plant a flower that goes well with what we will plant to help detour bugs,  I've pinned lots of idea on my garden board on Pinterest.
raised bed garden part 3 dirt and planting, diy, gardening, how to, raised garden beds, Spreading the pebbles in the pathways with a rake
We poured out our rocks for our pathways.  We went to Walmart and found bags of medium sized rock called Arizona river pebbles.  We used (5) bags @ $3.98 per bag, we could really use a few more bags to be honest.
raised bed garden part 3 dirt and planting, diy, gardening, how to, raised garden beds, Sifting the dirt to get all the unwanted bits and pieces out before planting
Since our free dirt was straight from Mother Nature my honey decided it should be sifted of all unwanted plant life or any left overs of plants before we started planting. He made a sifter using 2x4s and hardware cloth. The picture above shows what he would start with and he would discard outside the beds back onto our property, what he was sifting out.  It's still good stuff, he just didn't want it in our gardens.

Visit our blog at the link below for more pictures and details! Thanks for looking!

• Gardening soil/Dirt  (Lowe's/Earth)
  • River Rocks  (Walmart)
DeeDee

• RaeRae

Every year I want to do a raised garden, but my yard slopes in every direction....there is hardly any area that is Level! Grrrrrrr! Next house I buy Needs to have a flat, level yard!
  • Bernetta Ontiveroz

I am going to do this I love it❤️

• DeeDee

Thanks so very much Bernetta! :) Good luck with your project! :)