2 Ingredient Carpet Deodorizer

I have dogs and that means that my home doesn't always smell like roses. Today, in fact, I am sitting here typing while smelling eau de wet dog. I wouldn't keep this cutie off of my feet for the life of me, though!
Since I have pets but I want a house that smells nice I like to use lots of "smell goods" including carpet deodorizer. It's hardly an expensive thing to buy at the store BUT I can show you how to make it for SO MUCH CHEAPER and in your absolutely favorite scents, too!
I actually made this carpet deodorizer for my Momma and she is in love with the scent of lemongrass. It's such a clean smell I can see why she digs it.
The process of this is really simple. Grab baking soda and fill a mason jar.
Dump the baking soda into a bowl and add your fave scent of essential oil and mix well. P.S. A larger bowl that this is a much better idea but once I start something, even if I messed up, I'm too stubborn and committed to change the plan :)
This fabulous mason jar accessory is actually a cocktail shaker!
Sprinkle a bit of your gorgeous smell onto the carpet (no worries about the essential oil as there is such a tiny amount inside) and allow it to sit for a while before vacuuming up and your home will smell wonderful!
Quick tip for another fab use, you can sprinkle a small amount in the bottom of your trash cans (beneath the plastic bag) and it will help keep slightly smelly garbage in check!
I hope you'll check out the full post with full details on my blog to answer any questions you might have! http://www.dreamalittlebigger.com/post/2-ingredient-carpet-deodorizer.html

Allison Murray

• Charlotte Lovell

I have a $400 shark and I make my own carpet deodorizer as well. I use baking soda, very cheap washing powder ( smells like fresh laundry) and borax. I bought a cheese shaker from the $1 tree. I don’t use it every time I vacuum just about once a month and never had any issues with vacuum. I’ve also used my own mixture for years with cheap vacuums. Again no probs. I’ve even used perfumed body powder back in college before boyfriend came over. 😊 Kinda helps to set the mood. 🤫

• Johnette

I'm happy to see this recipe in print. I have been using soda for many years. No dogs in the house, but I am in child care and the sour spit-up smell in the carpet or on the furniture is nasty. This soda mixture is marvelous, and completely harmless to baby.