Laundry Room Redeux Vintage Look With Modern Convenience

I took a large but poorly used laundry room and made it more functional with all the modern conveniences while paying homage to the ways of doing laundry in the past.
The near finished product
Before -- a badly placed plastic utility sink
This was a nice sized laundry room -- with a TON of wasted space! We actually put an old kitchen table in there for sewing!
Before - W/D side of room
Humidifier unit on wall -- and W/D on pedestals -- big gap between utility sink and W/D
During
I worked with a contractor to design a counter based sink around an old copper laundry tub. My plan was to decorate as an homage to the the old fashioned way of doing laundry.
Ordered the punched tin on line -- circle pattern mirrors the front of the W/D
Lowered the W/D to standard height and had countertop closer to W/D. Installed a small shelf above W/D for soaps and decor. Found this cool old window -- got something in mind for it...
Added lots of fun antique finds.
The wringer, wash boards and laundry tools were antiquing finds as were the old clorox and bluing bottles. This project became a treasure hunt.
Finally finished that window!
A mini laundry line hung to cover the humidifier and a hanging rack on the wall. Still would like to cover the plumbing box...
Antique drying rack is really functional!
Old kitchen table replaced with tons of shelving for linens, sewing machine, etc. More light is definitely on my to do list.
Even did a quick pastel of laundry on the line for this old window frame.

• Jennifer

Where did u find the vintage ivory snow?

• Diena Cameron

I realize this is an older post but came across this on hometalk and had to write. I love all of your antiques, especially the copper sink !! That is a beauty !! But i especially love your sense of humor ! I know you have to have one when dealing with a plumber when you have ideas that probably differ from theirs, haha. Great job ! Since it's been a while now that you have had your copper sink, how is it holding up and would you do it again if you could do it over ?
  • Rgm7436894

Don't see the washer and dryer. Do you do your laundry by hand in the copper tub now?
    Where do you sew?
    You put you machine away on the shelve.
    • Liz Malone Gerron

The washer and dryer is right next to the cabinet area -- same wall. I store my machine and a lot of other things on the shelving. I sew in my dining room which is not a big deal for me as I do not sew all that often.

• Kyralee

OMG, I love this! I really like your vintage display items, especially the iron rests. I have one of those and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it for a while. I can't believe I didn't think to just hang it on the wall! Now I know. I also love that antique drying rack. The whole room is just too cute!

• Kyralee

Wow that looks really cute. I ended up buying another one at a sale today which means I have two now. I just need one more and it will be a collection. Ha!

• Andrea

oh, WOW! amazing!