Vintage Recipe Transferred to a Cutting Board

My Mother passed away 23 years ago. I went through her recipe book to find a recipe card I wanted to transfer to a cutting board. The transfer is in her handwriting!
I scanned my Mother's original recipe card. I saved it as a JEP file.
I reversed the scanned copy in "Paint" and made a toner based copy. I used the Woodworker's tool to transfer the copy of the card to the cutting board. The tool is very hot, be careful.
I turned the toner based copy toward to cutting board to "iron" with the transfer tool. I stained the cutting board to age it and added Wipe On Poly as a top coat. Sorry this photo has a glare!

To see more: http://coastal-colors.blogspot.com/2013/05/mothers-day-recipe-card-transfer-in.html

• Kate

Would it work if one painted the board first?

• B

When an item is painted, it may take the paint off.

• But33673702

Would you know if any place or person I bringthis to could do it for me. I am not crafty at all! Would Staples or something similar do this?