Rae G
Rae G
  • Kennesaw, GA
Asked on Jan 10, 2012

I am seeking a small vanity to place inside my wardrobe closet. Any suggestions???

BonnyCynthia HYamini LEED AP at Urbanmotifs
+10

• Designs by BSB

Do you have a budget?

• Rae G

I would like to spend up to $300. I need something small, off-white and with a stool.

• Did you try re purposing an existing vanity? How big is the closet?

• Rae G

I do not have a vanity. I want to set up my vanity in the middle of my wardrobe closet that is on my homepage.

• Check out your local Goodwil stores and might be able to find a vanity that can restore and paint it white. Also, check out thrift stores in your area and around Atlanta online - they are popping up everywhere! There is a great consignment furniture store in Chamblee -check their website at www.consignmentfurnituredepot.com.

• Designs by BSB

How long of a vanity? New you can anticipate a new builder grade white painted to average $50LF. Id be happy to offer you a price if you send me your dimensions. Otherwise, resourceful ideas already given. Habit for Humanity has RESTOREs too!

• Faidra at CA Global Inc

Rae, wish I'd known! Gave an antique one away awhile ago. It was very cute, but I had no where to put it. Gave to goodwill. But check, Tuesday Morning, home place, American furniture, marshals, they always have good stuff Iike that. Will look out for you.

• 3po3

Along the thrift store line, don't overlook the Habitat ReStore outlets. I have found they have a lot more furniture than Goodwill or the like. Plus, they are more likely to have a vanity top if you come across the base, and vice versa.

• Lin R

craigslist.com might be another option.

• Rae G

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I have complied a list and will begin my search today. Virtually Staging Property... I never considered Consignment Furniture Depot, but the website has some amazing pieces. Again, thanks a bunch. I know hometalk.com has members with excellent, affordable idea. I am glad to be a part of this website.

• @Rae, I actually meant finding a vanity as a thrift and fitting it in place. I should not have mentioned "Existing"

• Cynthia H

Although there are vanities out there, had you considered a simple parsons table or similar piece?

• Bonny

A second-hand small French-Provincial writing desk would work well as a vanity inside of a closet. A wall mounted lighted cosmetic mirror would furnish you with a perfect make-up station. You could make a flounced skirt to mount underneath the top of the desk ( using the springs for curtains or cording ) or you could re-purpose new or second-hand cafe- curtains for the flounced skirt. Best of luck with your project. Feel free to contact me about creative ideas for re-purposing. I love to brain-storm !