Stencil Your Garden Gear

I purchased this used wheelbarrow and lawnmower when we moved to our new home. They were in good working condition but I wasn't loving the orange colour or rust spots. Since I was going to paint them anyways, I figured I might as well make them pretty.
I used spray paint suitable for metal items and made my own stencil. There are full instructions on my blog here: http://www.empressofdirt.net/stencil-your-lawnmower-then-no-one-will-steal-it/
TIP: If you tend to lose sight of your hand tools while working in the garden, consiider spray painting the wooden handle ends to make them easier to find.
Don't they make a handsome couple?
Don't they make a handsome couple?
It's a good, deep wheelbarrow with an everlasting wheel, but the 1970s orange colour was not working for me.
I made just one stencil, fitting the side of the wheelbarrow and used it for everything including the lawnmower.
I got so excited when I did the wheelbarrow that I forgot to take a before photo of the lawnmower-it was the same orange colour.
Flowermobile.
Flowermobile.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Jorja Love

Empress of dirt - Melissa...I LOVE YOU. I have been looking out the window at my rusty faded red wheel barrow propped against the back fence for several years and hiding my garden equipment in the back of the garage, but I never thought of painting them (or giving them some GIRL POWER!) I am off to the store for some colorful spray paint and stencils. Thank you.

• Jorja Love

BTW...I see orange, yellow, white, and bright green colors. The 2 dog houses are due for a makeover. My Maggie May and Jorja Love will be surprised.