How to care for freshly cut hydrangeas! Come learn some surprising little tips!

When I bought these hydrangeas they were packaged up in floral cellophane so tightly that they sure didn't look very impressive. I was a bit hesitant to take them, but since they were so reasonably priced I went for it! The lady at the checkout gave me a surprising tip on how to care for them so I decided I needed to find out more and did a little research.
I found these beautiful hydrangeas at Costco for $8.00. At the checkout the lady told me to make sure I put them in ice cold water. This intrigued me because I always thought that warm water was best for flowers.
First I cut the off the ends of the stems, making sure the cut was on a slant. Hydrangea stems are quite tough, so they need to be poked with something sharp to help with the water up-take.
I did a little research to find more tips on how to care for them and was rewarded with beautiful fluffy flowers that lasted for days and days!
Keeping With The Times

• Keeping With The Times

Hope the tips helped keep the hydrangeas fresh for the wedding... let us know how it went @Terri Jungers! @Cathy W I agree, save us from bright blue daisies!

• Mary Lyne

I used to have hydrangea bushes...if you pick blooms early in the morning when the dew has dried up and plunk a bouquet in a vase with no water they will dry nicely. Just pick off the leaves. I used them in wreaths...simply stunning
    • Hkr23748636

Pick early in the morning! I will try this to enjoy in my house ! Thanks