Reposhture Studio - Kim
Reposhture Studio - Kim
  • Pittsburgh, PA

How to fix missing mouldings

My MIL gave me a frame to work on to try to bring back to life. it was missing some of the wood filigrees. So I used a clay that gets baked into a mold and then made molds of the moldings!
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-fix-missing-moulding.html
finished frame.
finished frame.
before
before
missing parts
missing parts
making the mold
making the mold
what it looks like after baking
what it looks like after baking
making the cast
making the cast
can you tell what's new and what's old? I can but not sure if anyone else would. So easy!
how to fix missing mouldings, home maintenance repairs, how to
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Dee omstead

What kind of clay for mold, where to find and the process. What material and how to cast after? thank you

• Susan Axsom Curtis

I think she used "Polymer Clay" there are different brands and can b found at most craft stores or on the internet

• Billie Knight

I bought a mirror in a garage sale It has a missing corner So glad I found this on pinterest but I haven't found anywhere where it tells me what to use to make the mold or what they used to fill the mold. Can someone share with me the details of how to. Thanks BJ

• Nancy Klytta-Ippolito

I have the same issue & thought about clay, but wasn't sure where to start. So glad you posted this!. Thank you!