Suzy Myers
Suzy Myers
  • Knoxville, TN
Asked on Apr 2, 2013

Painting Question

Suzy MyersCraftPro Home ImprovementsZ
+4

I am looking for advise on what kind of paint to use on furniture to put in a very small bathroom Z
  • Kimberly Barney

Our painter suggested that we use outdoor paint in the bathroom as it takes the humidity better.

• Z

Suzy, I rarely paint furniture so I'm not the best person to ask this. I believe @Sheila has painted a bathroom vanity so maybe she can be of better help to you though I do believe Kimberly's suggestion makes sense.

• Suzy Myers

I have not used polycrylic. Does it yellow like polyurethane? I found out the polyurethane yellows the hard way. I am going to use a pale color.

• As simple as it sounds, I would go with Benjamin Moore's Regal Select Interior paint. It's a primer-paint in-one, it's their best paint (next to Aura) with their newest technology in it and even BM recommends using it for furniture. The eggshell, pearl and semi-gloss finishes are all mildew-resistant and should hold up to the bathroom moisture, but all the finishes are tough enough to be scrubbed and washed without fading or otherwise ruining the finish. We use Regal Select professionally on interior and exterior applications and it has always impressed us. Hope that helps. Good luck!

• Suzy Myers

Thank all of you for helping. When I get this project done I will post pictures of my bathroom make over.

• SheilaG - there are no Ben Moore stores (that I know of) but there are retailers (hardware and paint stores) that sell BM products. You sure it's not available in your area? Regal Select is my absolute favorite product, and I've used a lot of paints!

• Suzy Myers

Thank all of you for the advice.