Cynthia B
Cynthia B
  • Sebastian, FL

Gabion Planter from defunct clothes dryer

I turned an old clothes dryer drum into a planter for the front yard.
The dryer drum is sitting in the hole left from the dying Robelini Palm.
Hardware cloth cut larger than the drum and secured in the middle with wire ties.  Landscape pins secure the wire mesh to the ground.
Hardware cloth cut larger than the drum and secured in the middle with wire ties. Landscape pins secure the wire mesh to the ground.
The 4" space is filled with 8 bags of Mountain Granite from Home Depot at $4/bag.
The top edge is finished with long-cut peat moss that will be a growing medium for trailing succulents.
The completed planter.
The completed planter.

• Terre Tulsiak

I love that someone didn't just let them haul away the old dryer! My crappy expensive GE Profile has a gorgeous silver drum- thinking about a composter, but you have inspired me...

• Chris

Silver drum, I’m thinking glass mosaic.