1 Pallet + 1 4x4 Post = Coffee Table

I have looked and looked for a coffee table that would fit in my living room. When I couldn't find the right table, we made one out of an old pallet.
I have one of those long narrow living rooms. So I needed a really long and narrow coffee table to go in it. But after looking for over 7 months with no luck, I finally gave up and decided if I was ever going to get my coffee table, we were going to have to build it.
So we took and old pallet and sanded it down really well. Then we measured out the diamond detail in the center and then cut the rest of the boards so that they would fit tightly up next to the diamond in the center.
Once we had the top finished. We started to build the legs.
We used a 4x4 post so that we could keep the rustic appearance that I wanted.
We cut each leg 12" tall and the cross piece between the legs is 8" long.
The finished table measures 5'x 18"x 15"
Once we had the construction completed, we just needed to add the stain.
The darker color on the table was achieved by using a Dark Oak stain color.
The main color on the table was Golden Oak,
and the center of the diamond was stained using Light Maple stain.
Here is a close up view of the design.
As you can see, we choose to leave quite a bit of the character in the pallet wood. We sanded it enough that the surface would be smooth, but not so much that we lost all the fun character of the boards.
I stained the legs with the Golden Oak stain as well, but because they were redwood instead of pine, they have their own unique color which added so much character to the finished table.
Here is a look at the table now that it is all stained and has 3 coats of polyurethane on top. I finally have the PERFECT coffee table for my odd sized living room. Now all that is left is for me to do some DEEP COUCH SITTING with my feet on the table.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute

To see more: https://humptydumptymuralmagic.wordpress.com

• Katherine G.
    Katherine G.

How did you screw the legs on without nails showing through the top of the table? I am very new to this but would like to try a smaller version.Thank you

• Veronica McKinney
      Veronica McKinney

If you look closely you can see the screws on top. If you screw them flush then you put the poly on it you'll end with a smooth finish.

• Shirley
    Shirley

Love this table,please could you tell me how did you attach the legs?