10 Tips to Clean Up Kids' Toys Faster & Keep Them Organized!

I typically blog about making things pretty - from decor and DIY to stylish organization, but let's get real... life with kids is messy business! My boys are just like all other kids...they leave a trail of toys and disaster everywhere they go.
But thanks to some simple organization, I can take any room in the house from toy disaster to photo ready in just five minutes {with help from the kids of course}.
A while back, after the boys had spent an entire day playing and doing what kids do best, I looked at the clock and realized that we had company coming over for dinner soon and I needed to get the toys picked up - in every room of the house. I knew that I could get things whipped into shape pretty quickly, but I decided to snap some before and after photo and keep track of how long it really took to clean up each room. I was thrilled to find that each clean up job clocked in at just about five minutes - that was thanks to help from my three year old, and in spite of the two year old who kept taking out more things as we cleaned.
Let's start in the basement, since this is where the biggest messes are always made.
TIP PUT AWAY THE BIGGEST TOYS FIRST TO HELP CLEAR THE FLOOR
TIP PUT KIDS IN CHARGE OF SORTING TOYS INTO DESIGNATED CONTAINERS
TIP GIVE EVERYTHING A PLACE, BUT DON'T OVER ORGANIZE
Applying these first three steps, which I detail on my blog, I was able to take the basement play area from toy disaster to clean in just five minutes.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW to read the details of the above tips, and for the other 7 tips that I use to keep toys organized and to make clean up quick and easy in our living room, and in the boys' bedrooms!

Angela, Blue i Style

• Linda Kinsman

I remember the fun days of the exploding playroom! Love your tip to tackle the biggest items first.