Lannie Hagan
Lannie Hagan
  • Broomfield, CO
Asked on Apr 2, 2013

How to get gel candle wax out of a pan?

RoseLannie HaganShari
+4

I melted some gel candle wax in an aluminum pan and cannot get it out! Can anyone help me? I have tried boiling water and that didn't work. THANKS!
  • heat the pan in oven, then using absorbent towels that you can discard wipe it out.

• Lannie Hagan

Thank you, will try that! I appreciate your help! The pot is too nice to throw away.

• Manuel Ramirez

I think you can get it done by just pouring some water inpan and bring them to a boil until the wax is soft enough to scoop or pour out.You can also use various "Magic Eraser" being available in the marketto scrub out the remaining wax.

• Shari

Putting a candle container in the freezer for awhile works for me. Residual candle wax just pops right out once the container and wax are really cold. Depending on the thickness of the wax left in your pan, it might help to freeze the pan and then try popping or scraping the wax out.

• Lannie Hagan

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it and will try all these methods. I did try boiling water in the pan but the wax is so thin it did not come out.

• Lannie Hagan

Just an update, I did bake the pan in the oven and it burned off the wax. Didn't smell too great in the kitchen but my pan is back to normal. I tried boiling water and that did not work. Thanks for all your help!

• Rose

Put pan in freezer overnite And it will release the wax.