Clean a Vinyl Shower Curtain Liner

I used to buy a new shower curtain liner every 4 to 6 months but I didn't like the idea of throwing them away to sit in a landfill, and we ran out of ways to reuse them a long time ago, so several years ago I figured I had nothing to lose and threw it in the washing machine.
clean a vinyl shower curtain liner, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips
It's really simple to do and I get a clean, like-new shower curtain every time that's free of mold, soap scum and hard water stains.
Check out my cleaning method for a vinyl shower curtain by clicking the link below.
Kristi @ Chatfield Court

• Marci Mausling Barfknecht

You can do this with plastic ones, too?

• AreEmBe

Hang the plastic curtain, grab your shower off the wall, and spray the curtain with hot water, both sides. Wrinkles pretty much disappear. Pay attention, though, it's easy to end up with water on the floor. Tha's easy to wipe up, just don't fall!
  • Ann

I have always had a difficult time getting the wrinkles out, both out of package and later washing; please help :(

• Sue Sanders

The plastic cant be in dryer for over a minute as it will melt and stick to its self. ..then immediately rehang.
  • Jeannie

Will this work in a front loading machine? There is no agitator -- it tumbles your items to wash.

• Carey

You don't end up with as many wrinkles with a front loader either, I also put it in the dryer just long enough to get it warm before hanging again to dry. No wrinkles at all.

• Carol Cole

I have been throwing mine in the washer for years in really hot water ,a little bleach and little detergent and they come out nice and clean .I have to lift it up and let the water drain out of it real good then throw it in the dryer until dry. Nice and smooth, clean and ready to put back up.

• ShelbyNeen

I used to do that with plastic liners, but once I purchased a Wamsutta fabric shower curtain liner I now wash them with the white towels. The instructions say not to use bleach because it causes the fabric to yellow. So I use the oxyclean for whites to brighten the fabric liner. I will never go back to having a plastic attack in the shower. That always bugged the heck out of me.

The Wamsutta liner has suction cups so that after you are finished showering you can suction the liner to the sides of the tub walls and keep the liner from laying against the tub - avoiding growing bacteria and yucky stuff.

Yeaaah FABRIC