Catnip Filled Felt Fortune Cookie Cat Toys

I always want to give my pets the best life that I can. That means the best food I can afford, tons of time and loving on and handmade toys. I think it's so interesting that I can get a store made toy and whip something out of felt for a fraction of the cost and my kitties will always be more attracted to what I made over what I bought. Maybe it's because it smells like me with the time I took to make it? No matter why they love them they do and that works for me because I love making them, too!
There's my gorgeous Russian blue, Gracie. He's a catnip aficionado, big time lover and all around big boy of a rescue my sister gave me and one of the four reasons I make my own cat toys. :)
You'll cut circles out of felt, stitch a line in the center, middle and then fold the opposite direction like a taco. Using a blanket stitch close the cookie up.
Fill with good quality catnip, and polyfil to fill it out a bit if you'd like.
Continue to stitch closed and add a little white strip to be sure each cookie is filled with a fortune!
These little guys cost next to nothing! You can make 4-6 out of a single $0.25 cent piece of tan felt, will use a tiny amount of white felt making catnip the most expensive part of this project.
Do you think you'll make your own felt cat toys? I hope so. They keep your pets busy and content so the are less likely to be destructive and they are fun to make to boot!
For a better detailed tutorial, please visit my blog at the link below!

Allison Murray

• Everd

i love it.

What size circles should I cut? I have a dog, but my son and several friends have cats. I'll start now for the next gift giving event.

• Hannah V

OH my goodness I need to make these for my Binx & Cosmo! Theyre nuts for catnip and I love fortune cookies :)

• Sherry Siedenburg

these are so CUTE! I have a kitty that keeps loosing her bal with the bells in them and then stealing my daughters small toys and carrying them around the house while meowing. hopefully these will prevent her next toy heist.