Nautical String Art #BeachIdeas

$3.00
1.5 Hours

I have finally begun the boys' Nautical room redo! I decided to start with some artwork, and was inspired by all the string art that floated around Pinterest back in February during Valentine's Day. The wood was leftover from another project, the twine I always have on hand, as well as the paint and brushes. I used my favorite hammer and was good to go. All I purchased for this project were the nails, I just love a cheap project, don't you?! You can check out more info on this project at the link at the end!
Various String Art patterns, including this sailboat, can be found at http://www.stringartfun.com/
I started out by painting my board in some nautical colors! Instead of using plain string, I decided to give it my project a fun twist and used baker's twine.
Using my template laid out exactly where I wanted the sailboat on the board, I pre-marked the holes by taking a nail and slightly tapping with my hammer. I removed the template then hammered in the nails in their respective holes. Make sure you leave the nails about a 1/4 of the way raised, to allow for easy access while stringing, as well as for dimension. I followed the instructions on the template in order to string, but it's super easy to create your own template and design!
It's one of my favorite pieces of art in the boys' room to this day!

Evey's Creations