Nautical String Art #BeachIdeas

$3.00
1.5 Hours

I have finally begun the boys' Nautical room redo! I decided to start with some artwork, and was inspired by all the string art that floated around Pinterest back in February during Valentine's Day. The wood was leftover from another project, the twine I always have on hand, as well as the paint and brushes. I used my favorite hammer and was good to go. All I purchased for this project were the nails, I
nautical string art, crafts, Various String Art patterns including this sailboat can be found at
Various String Art patterns, including this sailboat, can be found at http://www.stringartfun.com/
nautical string art, crafts, Instead of using plain string I decided to give it my project a fun twist and used baker s twine
I started out by painting my board in some nautical colors! Instead of using plain string, I decided to give it my project a fun twist and used baker's twine.
nautical string art, crafts, Make sure you leave the nails about a 1 4 of the way raised to allow for easy access while stringing as well as for dimension
Using my template laid out exactly where I wanted the sailboat on the board, I pre-marked the holes by taking a nail and slightly tapping with my hammer. I removed the template then hammered in the nails in their respective holes. Make sure you leave the nails about a 1/4 of the way raised, to allow for easy access while stringing, as well as for dimension. I followed the instructions on the template in order to string, but it's super easy to create your own template and design!
nautical string art, crafts, Yes or no to lettering Perhaps some like Come sail away with me
It's one of my favorite pieces of art in the boys' room to this day!
Evey's Creations