Valentine wreath- does it need a ribbon?

+32
Just curious what you think...should I of put a ribbon of some sort on this "Valentine Heart"?
q valentine wreath does it need a ribbon, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas, wreaths
  • Deb Oller Deb Oller on Jan 05, 2016
    No, it's perfect the way it is!
    • Cindy Carley Cindy Carley on Jan 05, 2016
      @Deb Oller Thank you, Deb!! I put the "big" heart shaped diamond at the top and a "crystal" looking letter "C" on the bottom of it to give it a little "pizzazz". But, didn't know whether it really should of had a "bow or something" else added to it!! ~~ I'll leave it alone! :)
  • Debra Campbell Alexander Debra Campbell Alexander on Jan 05, 2016
    It's gorgeous just how you have it :)
  • Katrina Warren Katrina Warren on Jan 05, 2016
    @Cindy Carley It doesn't necessarily need a ribbon, but I think I would pick up a few sprays / picks of pearls found in the wedding section of craft stores to intersperse throughout the wreath to give it a little contrasting pop & something extra. :)
    • Cindy Carley Cindy Carley on Jan 06, 2016
      @Katrina Warren Thank you...that was what I was wondering if I shouldn't of added some more "bling"!! :)
  • Treasuredchaos.com Treasuredchaos.com on Jan 05, 2016
    I think it's gorgeous... I'd keep it above my bed all year long! That jazzy C gets lost, though, so if you do put a ribbon, maybe move it onto the center of the bow...if it's not white, like a magenta or somthing...
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 05, 2016
    Actually I feel putting a ribbon will be to much. It is pretty as is.
      @Janet Pizaro Appreciate your comment. Was the first "Valentine" wreath that I've made. I will learn from "experience", I guess!!! ;)
  • Funnygirl Funnygirl on Jan 05, 2016
    I like Katrina's answer
  • Daphne Daphne on Jan 05, 2016
    Knowing when to stop is key whenever you are creating. One way to know is to leave it overnight and come back to it with fresh eyes. IN this case I agree with the person who said it's pretty as it is. Less is always the best if you are unsure.
      @Daphne I have heard that saying before, but love this sight "HOMETALK" so much thought I'd ask for some input!! ~~ Thank you!! :)
  • I was thinking along the same lines as Katrina. Maybe some baby's breath?
      @Bridgette Dawson Theis Laramie Great idea..........will try that, also and see what it looks like!! :)
    I believe that I will go with Katrina's suggestion and add some "blingy" pearls/diamond items that can be purchased in any wedding section at Hobby Lobby or Michael's!! ~~ Loved all of the responses & suggestions!! ~~ Thank you "HOMETALK" peeps!!! :)
  • Cat Cat on Jan 06, 2016
    Ffsi saw this and reviewed alot of other comments. I like to experiment and try it out. If do not like, take it off. If like do it. Go with your creativity flow and yr hands! 💜💜
  • Snapoutofit Snapoutofit on Jan 06, 2016
    No. You did a great job.
  • Lig3049477 Lig3049477 on Jan 06, 2016
    Yes. It's Valentine's Day. Go all out!!
  • Jwi3464419 Jwi3464419 on Jan 06, 2016
    I would buy an arrow, paint it white and put through it.
  • Sandy beach Sandy beach on Jan 06, 2016
    i would not add a ribbon. Looks great the way it is. Less is best.
  • Beverly Kracke Beverly Kracke on Jan 06, 2016
    I agree with Sandy. It is beautiful just the way it is and I think a ribbon bow would look a tacky against all that beautiful. I want to make this.
    • Cindy Carley Cindy Carley on Jan 07, 2016
      @Beverly Kracke Thank you for your comments. It was very easy using a green foam circular form and "fake" red roses with "clear glitter" on the leaves and a hot-glued them on!! And, added the additional "blingy" items!! ~~ Probably done in less than an hour!!! ~ Go for it!! ~~ Please share your photo, too!!
  • No ribbon. It's beautiful as is! :)
  • Melissa Melissa on Jan 08, 2016
    No! It's beautiful!
  • Amal Machera Amal Machera on Jan 18, 2016
    It's beautiful as is!!!😌