Tara @ Suburble
Tara @ Suburble
  • Canada

DIY Wire Shelf Dividers (great for the linen closet)!

$20
15-20 Minutes

I was tackling one of the most embarrassing areas in my house, the linen closet, when I hit a speed bump: wire shelf dividers were costly for what they are and didn't have a good track record. Using the leftover wire shelving from the original closet organizer, I "hacked" some shelf dividers with the clever use of zap straps! I'm so pleased with the results! Click over to see how easy it is! # # # # # # #
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, Start with cutting a length of wire shelving available at any Home Improvement store into lengths that match your current wire shelving ours were 16 Grab your trusty zap straps and get ready to install
Start with cutting a length of wire shelving (available at any Home Improvement store) into lengths that match your current wire shelving (ours were 16"). Grab your trusty zap-straps and get ready to install!
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, Using the lip of the shelf as the base of the shelf divider zap strap the base onto the wire shelves Strap them tightly and then trim the excess
Using the lip of the shelf as the base of the shelf divider, zap strap the base onto the wire shelves. Strap them tightly and then trim the excess.
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, Cap off the cut ends of the shelving with shelf caps again available where you get your length of wire shelving
Cap off the cut ends of the shelving with shelf caps (again, available where you get your length of wire shelving).
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, If you re using baskets or bins in your space consider making labels for each of them Using a hole punch and those amazing zap straps will come in handy here
If you're using baskets or bins in your space, consider making labels for each of them. Using a hole punch and those amazing zap-straps will come in handy here.
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, If you re feeling cheeky you can use your zap straps and dividers to create quick and easy mini shelves within your bigger shelves This is perfect for baskets or smaller items
If you're feeling cheeky, you can use your zap straps and dividers to create quick and easy mini-shelves within your bigger shelves. This is perfect for baskets or smaller items.
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, Slide in your baskets linens towels etc into their designated homes Appreciate that they can t canoodle with the pile next door Everything has a place and with these dividers they will stay there
Slide in your baskets, linens, towels, etc, into their designated homes. Appreciate that they can't "canoodle" with the pile next door. Everything has a place, and with these dividers, they will stay there.
this hack will keep your linen closet organized for good, closet, shelving ideas, Admire your handiwork This set up practically enforces organization
Admire your handiwork! This set-up practically enforces organization.
Tara @ Suburble

• Lori Harmon

I have solid wood shelving but really like this idea of dividing the shelves to keep things neat. Thought of the adjustable spring loaded curtain rods, but that seems like it would take at least 3 per divider. Does anybody have any other ideas for vertical dividers?

• V

Years
    • V

Years ago I used small eye-hooks and. BUNGEE cords (with hooks on each end) and put them in an X on the front of the shelf in my pantry so bags wouldn't fall out. You could put three straight up between shelves to divide them though.
  • Elizabeth Cox

So how much did this all cost to do?

• Lynn

nice work, looks great, but not a wire shelf fan. in fact i hate wire shelves. worst things ever. i couldn't wait to get rid of them when we moved into the house. give me good old fashioned wood.

• Pierrette Sirois

Wired shelfs are perfect in an attic