Sheila R
Sheila R
  • Stone Mountain, GA
Asked on Apr 3, 2013

Backyard open except for 7 young roses as a border. I want to add MANY other plants to creat a lush garden with pathways

Flowerscapes Garden Design & LandscapingPegDeck and Patio Company "Outdoor Living Experts"
+3

Suggestion are welcomed thanks! (will be installing a privacy fence!
  • Mary Anderson

Peonies! They take a while to establish, but are SOOOO worth it!

Sheila, could you post a photo so we can see what you're starting with? And tell us how large the space is, how much sun it gets, are there any existing hardscape elements like a patio, etc?

• Sheila R

Now that's a novel idea thanks!!

• Yes add photos I'd love to help! Need to know sun or shade too.

• Peg

When you determine if the area is in shade or bakes in the sun or partial shade/sun, you'll be able to choose plants that will thrive. Also, I like to add plants that will flower at different times of the year so there is always something in bloom. Then I'll add plants that are grown for their foliage with colorful leaves and texture. Good Luck!

• Think of what are your favorite colors and plant shapes. Do you like a variety in the height contour, curvaceous or straight across with a few well placed vertical plants, tall flowers, or ornaments... Perhaps a cottage feel will elicit the response that you want, or meet and clean bold curved bed lines with lush foliage plants accented with flowers. I can help you pick the right plants based upon what type of feeling you want to sweep over you as soon as you glimpse your yard.