Donna McCrummen
Donna McCrummen
  • Bernardsville, NJ
Asked on Jan 12, 2012

Eno's dog door arrived yesterday! We went with Patio Pacific - we tried just popping it in but noooo.....

Donna McCrummenKMS WoodworksMiriam I
+2

we'll need to do some retro fitting. Shouldn't be too hard. Forward and Upward Weekend Warriors!!
  • KMS Woodworks

post some pics when you get it completed...

• Miriam I

Good luck!

• Donna McCrummen

Well, we installed Eno's door with little trouble just a few tweaks here and there. Now, if we could only get him to use it. We tried and tried. Even used bacon to entice. He can not push through. The magnet is too strong. I took the magnet out but that leaves a gap letting the cold cold bitter cold air through.

• KMS Woodworks

It will take some time...one of our dogs is a puppy mill rescue..and it has now been two years for her to stop being skittish on many thing. I have heard that you just need to get him more acclimated. Have you read Temple Grandins book ...Animals make us human? there are some great insights in there.

• Donna McCrummen

I have not read that one KMS - I do love this guy. I had a Pomeranian for 17 years. Pepper has been gone now nearly 9 years. It took this long for me to give my heart to another little fur ball. My friend made a good suggestion to put some masking tape over the magnet to help it not be such a strong attraction. I also have to build him a little ramp - the threshold is about 2 inches and with the 3 inch jump through the door....well you get the picture.

eno s dog door arrived yesterday we went with patio pacific we tried just popping, doors, Eno 8 months old