HomeSpot HQ
HomeSpot HQ
  • Durham, NC

Bathroom Closet Conundrum and Fix

In my old house the half bath access door opened right into the closet door inside the bathroom. So to access the closet you had to open the main door, close that door, and then open the closet door (and do it in reverse to get out).
To fix it my wife simply removed the door and painted in the spots for the door hinges. However, now someone could see right into the very messy shelves. To solve this we use baskets and jars to label and organize all the contents. Towels and toilet paper were stacked in nice, neat piles.
The final product after everything was organized and the door was removed.
It's so messy that it is attracting wildlife.
How silly is this setup?
How silly is this setup?
Removing the door.
Removing the door.
HomeSpot HQ

• HomeSpot HQ

@Nance, a contractor should have no problem moving outlet to a more suitable location. It's mostly a mater redirecting where to mount the outlet and redirect the wires. I really like the idea of a pocket door as a solution!

• Carol Lindahl

Nance - what about a bamboo slider that doesn't go back into the wall. At home depot, search on "bamboo sliding door". They have several different colors. Another friend just hung a curtain, made from some wild sheets she found.