Easy & Affordable DIY Feather Duster Wall Art

$30

Here is my super affordable and *really* easy feather duster wall art. This technique is not new, but it is a really easy and cost effective way to make some large art to fill a big empty wall in your home. This was especially good for us because we lived in an apartment where we weren't allowed to paint.

easy affordable diy feather duster wall art, crafts, wall decor

To make one like it, just pick up a blank canvas, an assortment of paints, and a feather duster. I used blues and silvers.

Just dip your feather duster into your paint and plop/drag the duster around the canvas. This is a very forgiving process. Here is our bare before wall...

And after I finished and hung the photo! Note: We have this hung a bit high because we are very tall and like to sit propped up in bed to read. :)

To learn more about the cost breakdown, what type of feather duster you should use for the best results, and painting tips, check out the detailed post at my blog linked below! Hope you enjoyed this project.

If you like this post, definitely check out my upcycled wine bottle bud vase DIY and follow me on Facebook for lots more DIY ideas! :)

Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn

• Kat3960351

I immediately thought about using this technique on an accent wall in my living room. Whatcha think?

• Latagn

I just used this technique on my living room walls. I used champagne gold metallic over ivory. I used a much lighter touch with the feather duster. It turned out better than I had imagined and since I used the lighter touch, it wasn't overwhelming to do all 4 walls. I love how it turned out. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Could I use white foam core board? I thought I'd use a long rectangular shoe for a headboard type. I sleep in a twin bed.

• Kandi Michelle

Yes, you could. They are paper covered and you could hang it with those no-damage hanging strips. If it wasn't quite wide enough buy 2 boards cut them both the same size and tape them together. Or buy ONE, cut in half and do them as 2 separate pieces. If you connect them, use something like heavy packing tape BEFORE you paint it and the seam wouldn't show. I think just taking one piece of foam board and cutting it into separate pieces and having two instead of one would look really nice though.

• Mark

What kind of feather duster was it pls?