Easy & Affordable DIY Feather Duster Wall Art

$20-40

Here is my super affordable and *really* easy feather duster wall art.
easy affordable diy feather duster wall art, crafts, wall decor
To make one like it, just pick up a blank canvas, an assortment of paints, and a feather duster.
Just dip your feather duster into your paint and plop/drag the duster around the canvas. This is a very forgiving process.
Here is our bare before wall...
And after I finished and hung the photo! Note: We have this hung a bit high because we are very tall and like to sit propped up in bed to read. :)
To learn more about the cost breakdown, what type of feather duster you should use for the best results, and painting tips, check out the detailed most at my blog.
Brittany @by Brittany Goldwyn

• Jcfish2

I want to see what it looks like

• Robin Jo Curry

I’ve done this a few times also. Glad you mentioned at least a couple per color and just the inexpensive ones because you throw them away. Experiment with the way you pat, slap or dab onto your wall.

• Kat3960351

I immediately thought about using this technique on an accent wall in my living room. Whatcha think?

• Joni Kelly Lmt

Over 2 years ago I did that to my kitchen walls. Using a pure white base I used a soft blue/gray paint on all four walls. Then I painted the cabinets with the same blue and used the feather duster in white paint. The finish was so striking that years later we still got plenty of compliments. We used Ostrich feather and a light touch. No plopping.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Could I use white foam core board? I thought I'd use a long rectangular shoe for a headboard type. I sleep in a twin bed.

• Kandi Michelle

Yes, you could. They are paper covered and you could hang it with those no-damage hanging strips. If it wasn't quite wide enough buy 2 boards cut them both the same size and tape them together. Or buy ONE, cut in half and do them as 2 separate pieces. If you connect them, use something like heavy packing tape BEFORE you paint it and the seam wouldn't show. I think just taking one piece of foam board and cutting it into separate pieces and having two instead of one would look really nice though.