DIY Pull Out Trash And Recyling Bin

$30

We have always wanted a pull out trash can and recycle bin. We decided to make our own since none of the "kits" fit the cabinet size we wanted to use it on. The cabinet that we wanted to use fit a few cookie and baking sheets and none of the kits had dimensions that would fit that narrow of a cabinet space!
Blog post linked below.
diy pull out trash and recyling bin, diy, kitchen design, storage ideas, woodworking projects
We chose a cabinet that was close to the sink. We realized that we often go from sink to trash can while cooking. I also wanted a recycle bin near by.
We measured for the width and length. The goal was to create a slide out with bars so that if food got stuck, we could clean underneath it. After measuring, the width of the trash bins would be 10 inches and the length of each box would be 12 inches.
We decided to add bars at the bottom of the slide out. Could you imagine a bag ripping and having to reach down and clean? I've always hated cleaning the bottom of trash cans outside. This was a great way to make messes easier to reach.
We created a hollow box with no side openings so that we could just slip the trash in. Pretty right?
We put the trash bags in, and slide it close. Now, we no longer have trash cans in plain site! Again, 10 inches in width, and 12 inches in length for each box. Each box holds a 13 gallon sized kitchen bag easily.
Weren't those ugly? I'm loving this new DIY slide out trash can/recycle bin so much better!
Check out the blog below for more details on how you can DIY yourself!

To see more: http://www.sengerson.com/our-home/diy-pull-out-trash-and-recyling-bin/

• Karin Bee

I'm wondering what the thing at the bottom with bars is, and how it was made. (is this what you attach the tracks to?) Also, What did you make the boxes with, and what is at the bottom of the box to prevent the bag from falling through the bars as it fills? Thanks

• Janice

Keep scrolling down this page Karin, press on DIY PULL OUT KITCHEN CABINET TRASH CAN LOOP. 😊

• Robin Dickey Johnson

Where are the instructions on this project? Where is the supply list?

• Janice

Keep scrolling down this page Robin, press on DIY PULL OUT KITCHEN CABINET TRASH CAN LOOP. Took me a while to find it.

• Kathleen Brodnick

I need suggestions on what to do with plain interior doors pls

• Betty Williams

Love this idea great job

• Lourdes Garcia

I actually have one and is great my is a box and I put a plastic basket that I cover with garbage bag in the back I keep the bags I don’t used it for recycle but I could if I whant it to I closed it any it doesn’t look like a trash can no smells no bugs