Giving an Old Basket a New Look

We all have some old baskets at home which we no longer use. I decided to give this little basket a little makeover using some spray paint and petroleum jelly. As I wanted the basket to have a little oomph I decided to have a layered effect using antique gold and white spray paint.
giving an old basket a new look, crafts, how to
This is a very plain and simple basket that I was about to throw out, but I decided to give it a makeover
I spray painted the basket gold and let it dry, once it was dry I sprayed the white paint over leaving the rim gold. I then rubbed some petroleum jelly around the top of the basket, this is a great way of distressing it without the need of sanding. Then spray white paint over again and let it dry. Then all you need to do is whipe off the petroleum jelly.
This is what it looks like when it is finished. Distressed without any sanding.
From Evija with Love

• Karla

I have a forest green one like this. Really like it. Wondered how it was done? I can now do a small basket.

• Bill

Alternative to spraying the gold is....spray it all white, then use gold Rub-n Buff to highlight.

• Manghi

Nice