Giant Bubble Mirror Tutorial...You'll Never Guess What It's Made From!

I bought a small round mirror awhile back, but needed a larger one to make my entryway really pop. Since I didn't want to pay the money for a big mirror, I searched the house for something I could use to make the mirror larger...and what I found gave me what I needed to create this giant bubble mirror!
Here is the finished product! I love how the bubble mirror turned out! It now has depth and texture and really stands out on the wall.
To make the bubble mirror I cut a large circle out of cardboard, big enough to have a few rows of "bubbles" around the mirror. The total diameter ended up being 32 inches (that's a big mirror!).
It was my mission not to spend any money on this project, so for the bubbles I used different objects I had around my house. Then I simply placed the mirror I already had in the center. You can click the link to my blog to learn about what I used to make the bubbles and the other steps involved.
I'm so happy about how this turned out! Sometimes having to "use what you have" makes you more creative. Necessity is the mother of invention right?

Creatively Living

• Jenna

Are those REAL oranges?

• Ryan

What kind of glue did you use to secure the plastic eggs?

• Jann Weeden

I am always amazed at what talented and creative people can do, this is beautiful! BUT.......I must ask about what looks to be orange halves?

• Jann Weeden

@Jann Weeden Just read your blog, thank goodness the orange slices are styrofoam! LOL :)

• Creatively Living

@Jann Weeden Ha, yes, could you imagine something rotting in your project?! They look pretty real for fake oranges :-)

• Donna Davey

Same....I thought they looked like oranges !😁

• Kar2279993

How did you adhere the mirror to the card? Great job!

• Creatively Living

Hi Karen, I realized I didn't answer this question (sorry!). The mirror had a little hook on it so I just poked a small in the cardboard and pushed it through. So the entire thing is being held by the hook that is on the mirror. Note that it is not heavy, cardboard and plastic Easter eggs don't add up to much. I think I may have added a little hot glue on the back of the mirror so it'd stay attached to the cardboard nicely. Everything has stayed together well with hot glue.

• Christine Witcher

What a stunning piece! The question I have is you said you used a hot glue gun to adhere the plastic eggs. They're hollow inside so did you just go around the edges. Wasn't there excess around the egg and wouldn't that throw off any of the next eggs?

• Creatively Living

Hi Christine, Good question. Yes, the eggs are hollow. I put a bead of glue around the edge of the eggs and set them down in their place. Prior to gluing the eggs on I set them all out so I knew how many eggs I needed and the spacing- they are spaced just ever so slightly apart. The bead of glue does not take up much room (just don't get carried away with the glue). You'd be surprised how well the hot glue works.

• Cecilia Lam

Where did the cupboard come from? The whole set up with your mirror is so nice!

• Mary

Are there half oranges pn this? Or what are the larger circles.? Wondered if anyone else did not notice these?

• Susan

Very well done. Question: did the eggs have a hole in the other end also? Did you not care as they are "almost" invisible? Did it cause problems when painting?

• Creatively Living

There are very small holes on the end, but you really don't even notice them...most get filled in when painting. You could put a dot of hot glue on the inside of the egg to fill it in, but that would likely just be tedious extra work. Good question.

• Maria T Ford

Love your wall also. Did you paint the wall like that?

• Rhonda

How would you use glass beads the round flat ones? Thank you