Sarah Vanderkooy
Sarah Vanderkooy
  • Mukwonago, WI

Easy Dish Towel Kitchen Art

$10

My kitchen needed a little color and life on it's blank walls. I was inspired to create some very easy wall art in the kitchen aisle at Target. Using a white frame and cute towel you can make this adorable and easy kitchen art.

easy dish towel kitchen art frame wall decor, crafts, wall decor

I picked up this cute kitchen tool themed towel and 2 inexpensive white frames. I also grabbed some fun white towels with cows and chickens on them, I might use those in another area of my home.

easy dish towel kitchen art frame wall decor

I cut out 2 sections of the towel to fit inside each frame. Then I ironed them on high heat to remove all the creases. Next I popped those pretty pieces of towel into the frames, keeping the glass and backing along with them, and hung them on the wall.

This isn't the first time I've been inspired by a kitchen towel at Target. I created a cafe curtain for my bathroom too. Their towels are just so pretty!

Printed kitchen towels are typically less expensive than fabric and you can reuse frames you have, find them on clearance or head to a thrift store. This kitchen towel wall art is the perfect way to update bare walls in your home.

• 2 frames
  • Kitchen towel
  • Scissors
Sarah Vanderkooy

• Angel

That is cute! I love the towels! May I ask where you got them?

• Trixie63

Angel, looks like she got them at Target. They always have such cute towels.

• Cmackay1

What a simple pop of color!!! Thank you for the inspiration.

• Texann

Is anyone else tired of the "here's my great idea but you have to go to my blog to see it?" Sigh...sorry, it's just getting old. Either post your idea here or don't.

• Texann

@Cmackay1 I can certainly understand some projects are super complicated and have lots of steps involved. Redoing everything on Hometalk would be a pain. I sincerely don't mind hopping over to someone's website if I want the full details. But this project doesn't even show you the after photo, which is a clear tactic to get traffic to their website. I'm not biting.