Stacked Herb Bed

1 Day

I wish I could take full credit for this genius idea, but I originally saw a similar version on Pinterest. Modifications I made to my herb bed:
- Added locking wheels. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest where days of rain can water log my little plants (early season) I wanted to be able to move it around -- also helps with getting the sun. You never know what time of day we might get that precious five minutes!
- Slatted the bottom and lined with weed fabric for drainage.
- I used untreated cedar wood

I must give credit to the person who originally blogged about this awesome idea! Art and Appetite at http://www.artandappetite.com/2011/04/desert-gardening/
Pacific NW organic herb bed on wheels

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives

• Leah Bening

I like it. Sometimes I wish I had a very large umbrella or something similar. Anyone got any ideas for the rain problem? I've totally eliminated my pot saucers as I grow mostly in containers.

• Jackie Bowers

Hello, @Kelly Lee! Fellow Pacific Northwesterner! Have you found any particular herbs that do better than others in your garden? I live in Renton and I know that the weather in Duvall/Carnation area can sometimes be different..Even on the same day! By the way-Awesome herb bed!! I'm so glad you put in that you added the wheels, now I don't have to feel so intimidated about it. Thank you.