Stacked Herb Bed

1 Day

I wish I could take full credit for this genius idea, but I originally saw a similar version on Pinterest. Modifications I made to my herb bed:
- Added locking wheels. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest where days of rain can water log my little plants (early season) I wanted to be able to move it around -- also helps with getting the sun. You never know what time of day we might get that precious five minutes!
- Slatted the bottom and lined with weed fabric for drainage.
- I used untreated cedar wood

I must give credit to the person who originally blogged about this awesome idea! Art and Appetite at http://www.artandappetite.com/2011/04/desert-gardening/
Pacific NW organic herb bed on wheels

• Leah Bening

I like it. Sometimes I wish I had a very large umbrella or something similar. Anyone got any ideas for the rain problem? I've totally eliminated my pot saucers as I grow mostly in containers.

• Jackie Bowers

Hello, @Kelly Lee! Fellow Pacific Northwesterner! Have you found any particular herbs that do better than others in your garden? I live in Renton and I know that the weather in Duvall/Carnation area can sometimes be different..Even on the same day! By the way-Awesome herb bed!! I'm so glad you put in that you added the wheels, now I don't have to feel so intimidated about it. Thank you.