Crissy
Crissy
  • Kissimmee, FL
Asked on Jan 13, 2012

What is the best type of grass for Florida?

Sherrie SCrissyDouglas Hunt
+1

Crissy, there is no one answer to what is the best grass. Questions that can impact what is best for you include: do you have sun or shade, do you have a lot of foot traffic, is your yard flat or do you have to contend with a slope, etc. St. Augustine is very popular (most people in my neighborhood have it), but it takes a lot of water, so many people are looking for alternatives to it these days. I would suggest you check out drought-resistant choices like Bahiagrass or Zoysiagrass,. Bahia has a course texture and requires frequent mowing, while Zoysia is fine-textured and grows more slowly. But it is more expensive initially. I put in Emerald Zoysia when I re-did my yard and I am very happy with it. If you want a yard you can walk through barefoot, it's a great choice.

• Sherrie S

Douglas I was going to answer Crissy but you said it all in one posting. I agree with you 100 percent.

• Crissy

i just heard home and garden show at the convention center do you know how much parking and admission is?

• Sherrie S

Admission is $8. Parking is a surprise. I didn't see it posted on the site but I may have missed it.