Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Dappled Willow - a great plant for your yard's wet spots!

Do you have a wet spot in your yard? Do you want an easy-care plant that can handle wet spots? How about one with year-round garden interest and a massive amount of fake flowers each Spring? Did I just say fake flowers? Yes I did, and you'll have to keep reading to understand why! (And if you click over to the blog post, you can read about my rookie planting mistakes too! Yes, I'm keepin' it real!)
Dappled Willow produces foliage that is green, white and pink! The pink is new growth, not flowers!
How many shrubs can I plant close together? Sadly, I used to think the answer was "many!" Rookie mistake!
Pretty red stems to enjoy during the Winter into early Spring. This closeup photo was taken this week.
But just one month from now, this shrub will be "blooming" its heart out! And I can't wait!
Laura, Pet Scribbles

• Z

Very pretty. We have a few dappled willow bushes and love them!

• Jeannie Andrews

I have some I started from trimming my original. neighbor has hers trimmed as a tree. I might do that too. I love the pink tips in the branches.