360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
  • Buford, GA

THE IMPATIEN Dilemma

Whether you are a garden novice or a veteran gardener, you may be aware of the sad fact that our shade garden annual favorite is being denied life by the nasty downy mildew that spreads all across our nation now. Even if you save your own Impatien seed and keep other garden center plants away from your carefully and lovingly tended imps, you are still vulnerable as this is an airborn pathogen that will stay
the impatien dilemma, flowers, gardening, Begonia dragon wings
Begonia dragon wings
the impatien dilemma, flowers, gardening, New Guinea Impatien
New Guinea Impatien
the impatien dilemma, flowers, gardening, Pink fan flower with Creeping Jenny
Pink fan flower with Creeping Jenny
the impatien dilemma, flowers, gardening, Strobilanthus purply leaf and Euphorbia white flowers
Strobilanthus(purply leaf) and Euphorbia (white flowers)

1 question on this project

• Ann Robertson
    Jul 31, 2013

My impatiens were doing just great. Then came the hot, humid weather for a week here in Me. Looked out one day and they didn't look as well. My first thought was the downey mildew. However, on closer inspection, the Japanese beetles had arrived and some tiny little bugs were sucking the juice out of the blossoms.

• Ard7370318
    May 18, 2017

Thanks so much for the list of shady plants you listed. My yard is a forest setting which looks more like a park then a yard. Pretty but no color apart from green in summer and brown in winter. Impatiens, ferns and hosta along with different grasses and wild strawberries are my go to flower garden plants. Will be looking for some of the plants you listed. Thanks again for sharing.