Beneath My Heart
Beneath My Heart
  • Wilmore, KY

Craft Closet Makeover

We are turning a small 12x12 bedroom into my craft/office room in our home. We started the process by turning the reach-in closet into my new craft closet. To make it look less like a closet, we removed the header. This really opened up the space and made it easier for me to see and reach the upper shelves. To see more of this makeover, click on the link.
Before!
Before!
After!
After!
craft closet makeover, cleaning tips, closet, craft rooms, home office
We purchased our corbels and Lowe's and installed them under the shelves to add a cottage look.
We added some trim work to the melamine boards to give them more of a custom look.
Beneath My Heart

• Carl

Why did you use two pieces of wood for the shelving?

• Linda Harkup

It is only one piece of wood for the shelving and a decorative wood edging has been added.

• Aut2350846

My bedroom closet is tiny. The closet size is around 30" wide by about 12" deep. I am struggling to keep this organized please help? No closets in house other than bedroom. Bedrooms are tiny. No room for racks.

• Debbie Paul Child

I would get a pole,from the hardware store and add it. If you are using this for clothes having to rods across one for pants and one for shirts. You can also put outfits together on one hanger hang them on the bottom, get shower curtain hooks (the round ones that close) and hang your scarves etc. On those. Also put some shower curtain hooks on one hanger and put all your tank tops on the hooks. It should hold at least 10. Per hanger. Also keeps your tank from falling off of the hangers. Pick up a couple of slack hangers so u can hang 5 pairs of slacks on one hanger. Screw some hooks inside the closet wall or add peg board cut to length on the sides of closet to hang purses hats etc. I got the thin concrete blocks and put a board that I painted across the top of them and had a shoe rack. Put small baskets on the shelf above the clothes that I got from dollar store to store small odds and ends. Just remember to leave them so u know whats inside. Just a few ideas.

• Debbie Paul Child

Label the baskets not leave them lol sorry

• Alice

Would love the turn one of my bedrooms into a craft room, and the closet, amazing, lov it. Tks for sharing

• Linda Abate

Love your craft closet. It seems to have everything that is needed for all kinds of crafting. This is something I could absolutely use as I do a lot of scrapbook projects, etc. This definitely is a 5 star rating.