Rita and Cane
Rita and Cane
  • Gresham, OR

DIY Concrete Planter

$20.00

We wanted a big garden planter, but we didn't want to pay a big price. So we made our own! This cast concrete planter is easier to make than you'd think. No special skills or tools required. Full pics and details on the blog.
Finished planter!
Finished planter!
You build the outer box of the form. We added cardboard to create some decorative detail.
Fill the bottom of the outer box with concrete. We used some tubing for drain holes.
The inner box of the form goes in over the concrete bottom.
Fill in the void between the two boxes with concrete.
The outer box being removed after the concrete cured.
Rita and Cane

• Alexandra Arena

Love this!

• Angela Herremans

Wow I like the cardboard box decorative part :-) I have been looking at making my own :-) I did find a trick were you soak an old blanket in cement mixture and once the blanket had soaked it all up drape it over a tall wheel bin or something like that to let it dry into a large bowl shape :-) Might give your idea a go :-)