Vintage Table Gets Made Into a Pet Bed!

40K Views
Here's what we started with. My client had seen one of my other ones for sale and actually wanted to know if I could repaint it in the colors she wanted. Rather than doing that, I found a very similar one to do for her. She wanted a deep teal w/black glazing w/a red interior. Oh, and she asked if I could attach some legs on it because she wanted it to sit higher. Done!
  • vintage table gets made into a pet bed, chalk paint, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I had already started standing off the existing finish. Your final result is only as good as your prep work. I sanded, cleaned and then sprayed the entire thing w/a coat of shellac. Another fine sanding and then applied the chalk paint. I use my own from Behr paint and plaster of paris.
This was my homemade chalk paint w/a Rustoleum satin spray for the interior. My husband found a way to attach the feet and fix the hinged doors that came apart! You can read about the entire transformation on my blog post. A lot more pics too!
To see my cat inside of this, go to the blog post listed below, The photo is too large for me download here.
I love the turquoise and red together. Complimentary colors on the color wheel you know! The black glaze is my own mixture using Martha Stewart glazing medium, her metallic paint and regular black paint. I just mixed a little of both and had my glaze! You paint it on where you want it and wipe it off with a wet rag. Couldn't be easier.
Here's what my other pet bed looked like.
t

Suggested materials for this project:

Beth H.    Makemeprettyagain.blogspot

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!