How to Remove Paint Spills, Splatters, and Mistakes Without Scraping!

$1
1 Minute

I discovered this quick tip by accident and it's made a world of difference for me. If you're a messy, sloppy painter like I am, or even if you just make the occasional mistake, you can use my tip to clean all your paint "oopsies" even weeks after they've fully dried with no scraping needed. The secret is rubbing alcohol!
If you've got paint spills, Splatters, or Mistakes, this is all you need!
One of the marks on my floor where the roller actually fell off the handle! Ooops!
A little rubbing alcohol puddle, left on for about 30 seconds.
No more paint!
No more paint!
CreekLineHouse .

• Augie Beasley

Will tip work on paint spatters and drips from painting the walls of a garage, and the paint is on a concrete garage floor? Thank you. Augie

• Ela12873471

Will it work on paint dried on carpeting?

• CreekLineHouse .

You could try putting some rubbing alcohol on it and letting it soak... but perhaps do a hidden test patch somewhere first, just in case! You could also try a bit of nail polish remover. As a last resort, you could use a razor blade to try and scrape it off of the carpet.

• Joan LeVasseur

Goo Gone works great. I had a whole tray of paint spilled on a new carpet and it took it out and left not a trace a paint. Whew!
    • CreekLineHouse .

This is great to know! Thanks for sharing, Joan! :)
  • Wanda Altmayer

Be very careful missing vinegar and bleach, because that will createe a mixture almost equal to hydrochloric acid which will cause severe respiratory irritation. Even better, don't do this. Research combinations of products to make sure you can combine safely.
  • Cat28074601

WILL THIS WORK ON PAINT ON VINYL SIDING?
  • Darren Crowder

Will rubbing alcohol work to remove chalkboard paint that is splattered on wooden cabinets?

• Toe2133572

Thank you so much for this post. Got chalkboard paint on my tile floor and was afraid that I would have to either pay for an expensive stripping or replace. You are a lifesaver

• Eva Gonzalez

I have paint spots too on my stainless steel stove, tried everything and cant take it them off, wonder if this will help.