Gail R
Gail R
  • Woodstock, GA
Asked on Apr 5, 2013

lace and linen hankies

Polka BCindyBarb7802

I need some ideas about what to do with hankies that were our mother's - maybe a way to frame them.
  • Barb7802

I have thought often, what to do with these lovely hankies to preserve them without putting them in a drawer. I found Display Boxes at Michael's. You might display them with other items as a keepsake. The Display Boxes come in different sizes. Take a look and get those creative ideas flowing. Post a photo when you decide.

• Cindy

Some of my favorite things to do with vintage hankies: Make a quilt top out of them. Then you can have them all over your bed to look at and admire. I also think they are very pretty as curtains or valances. Just sew them together and hang with cafe clips. You could also make a shower curtain out of them. You can make square throw pillows and sew an especially lovely hankie in the center of each one. You could stitch together a table runner. You can applique them onto a denim jacket or dress, to embellish the garment, or make roses out of them and then sew them on. I hope that at least one of these ideas strikes your fancy!

• Polka B

Make a topper for a rod in a bathroom window.