DIY Garden Screens: A Multi-Purpose Solution

It's funny sometimes how something so simple can make such a big difference. These homemade garden screens are now a favourite accessory in my garden.
I first start using them to keep the squirrels and birds from dining in my veggie beds. Not only did they work but the fine mesh screen kept the moths out too! From there I realized I could also use them as vine supports, and to support winter covers over
Full instructions and materials are listed on my blog: http://www.empressofdirt.net/most-useful-garden-accessory-this-year-squirrel-screens/
These simple screens will protect your young seeds and plants from birds, squirrels, and moths.
The squirrels can't dig in the bed anymore (hee hee) but sun and rain still get through as needed.
Mounted on the side of a raised bed, the screen can also be used as vine support. I used it here for cucumbers.
Given a good start, my veggies now do really well. Nom nom!
While I'm winning this round, you know the squirrels will find some other way to mess with the garden! Such is life. ;)
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Nancy

What about ground moles? Any Remedy for them?

• DORLIS

I am in the middle of the woods and have problems with all critters. Only one who does not bother the gardens is my couger. Will have to do this for all beds and pots of vegies.