Faux Shiplap Planked Wall

Christmas Break is a great time for DIY. While my husband and kids were on vacation, we decided to add some "faux" shiplap to the fireplace wall in our 15 year old builder grade home. Homes like ours don't have a lot of character, just a lot of drywall. This project is perfect for adding character and architectural details.
We used 4x8 sheets of MDF for our faux "planks." They are nailed to the wall with pennies used to add just a little space between the rows.
faux shiplap planked wall, diy, wall decor
My husband was able to match the boards to the shape of the mantel with a genius idea involving a piece of foil.
After two coats of paint, we have a wall we LOVE! It adds so much character to our family room, we've now got a list of walls to "shiplap!"
To see the finished product and after photos of our amazing faux shiplap wall, and get all of the details, including the step by step for cutting around the mantel at my blog, Reinvented. See you there!
Kimm at Reinvented and RoadKill Rescue

1 comment