DIY Wood Spice Rack With A Pallet Wine Glass Holder

$0

This is a super easy DIY. I used scrap wood from other projects and then gave it a distressed paint job.
I really like how it turned out and my wife loves it.
Finished!
I seriously just sawed off the end of a pallet and screwed it into this and it's really awesome! It's better to have your wine glasses on hand, because you might need to adjust the gap between the shelf and pallet. I used to have six wine glasses, but accidentally broke two...at different times....drinking far too much wine.
I do like nicknacks! Some people say they collect dust, but I don't mind...plus I dust my house.
I ordered a bunch of these little spice bottles and then printed up some labels for them.
I stained the inside of this with teak and then painted the outside with dark green paint. I roughed up the paint in the extra beat up areas with sand paper and then smudged around some glaze. I left the inside alone, but sealed the outside.
I love making shelves out of my scrap wood. My wife wanted a larger distressed looking spice rack, so I built this large shelf and then pounded it all over with a hammer. Some people don't like the distressed look, but we love it!

• Julie

😃👍

• Kimberly Ramsey

Just wanted to add an alternative twist to the original shelf . My brother mounted in his daughter's room a short height water bed headboard for her snow domes. Except for the wine glass rack on the bottom, his shelf looks identical to this one. People are toughing old waterbed parts out for trash all the time. Grab one off the curb next time you see one and do your own thing to it.