DIY Wood Spice Rack With A Pallet Wine Glass Holder

$0

This is a super easy DIY. I used scrap wood from other projects and then gave it a distressed paint job.
I really like how it turned out and my wife loves it.
Finished!
I seriously just sawed off the end of a pallet and screwed it into this and it's really awesome! It's better to have your wine glasses on hand, because you might need to adjust the gap between the shelf and pallet. I used to have six wine glasses, but accidentally broke two...at different times....drinking far too much wine.
I do like nicknacks! Some people say they collect dust, but I don't mind...plus I dust my house.
I ordered a bunch of these little spice bottles and then printed up some labels for them.
I stained the inside of this with teak and then painted the outside with dark green paint. I roughed up the paint in the extra beat up areas with sand paper and then smudged around some glaze. I left the inside alone, but sealed the outside.
I love making shelves out of my scrap wood. My wife wanted a larger distressed looking spice rack, so I built this large shelf and then pounded it all over with a hammer. Some people don't like the distressed look, but we love it!

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Augustine Rhodes
    Augustine Rhodes

Where did you buy the spice jars. that is exactly what I am looking for.
    • Pash Christina Morelli
      Pash Christina Morelli

Lovely finish! I love the distressed look. Also a bag of nails, beaten against the wood, creates another distressed look. I will be following your work now. 😉

• N. G. Londonderry
    N. G. Londonderry

“ dark green” paint.....?? Sure doesn’t look green!

• Linda
    Linda

How did you adhere the wine glass holder to the shelf? I love your project. 😉

• Bryan's Workshop
      Bryan's Workshop

Hey Linda! The wine glass holder part is the end of an ordinary pallet. It just screws onto the bottom.

• Julie
    Julie

😃👍

• Kimberly Ramsey
    Kimberly Ramsey

Just wanted to add an alternative twist to the original shelf . My brother mounted in his daughter's room a short height water bed headboard for her snow domes. Except for the wine glass rack on the bottom, his shelf looks identical to this one. People are toughing old waterbed parts out for trash all the time. Grab one off the curb next time you see one and do your own thing to it.