Gail R
Gail R
  • Woodstock, GA
Asked on Apr 5, 2013

Hanger for earrings

Felicity WallaceAnita GianLisa
+9

I have a lot of earrings and they get into a jumble in a jewelry box. Help me think of a way to repurpose something to hang them on.
  • Kimberly Barney

There was a post where earrings were hung on a piece of lace pulled tight inside an embrodiery hoop.

• Lynne Reis-Napier

If it fits your decor, I have seen where people have stapled chicken wire to the back of a picture frame and hung it on the wall, and, of course, hung their earrings throughout the wire. I even saw where they had grouped several antique-style frames in a stylish pattern close to an antique vanity.

• Stretch some regular mesh screen (like we use for window screens - just not the metal version) over a needlepoint frames, a picture frame, etc...

• Gail Salminen

@Gail R there are a number of posts here, just need to get creative with your search words, try 'earing storeage' or 'earings' etc. One post has attached a vegetable steamer to the wall and hung earings on that. Others have used screening on the back or a frame, others still have used a shutter or even an old blind bound between some kind of pipe frame. Good luck.

• Robyn

I have mine draped over the edges of wine glasses in my bathroom.One glass holds so many earrings.

• Cheryl

a kid's simple auto harp or a door harp that is no longer in use works well. Also saw a bambo rod with small posts set in sideways.

• Annette Amann-Robichaud

I made one with a mesh pencil holder. I think I just hot glued lace around the top and put some felt on the bottom insde. You could put rings inside too.

• Kristi Kear

An old steel cheese grader

• Susan Karasinski

have you tried a picture frame filled with a out door screen, you can add a chain and hang it on a wall or lean against a mirror

• Lisa

I did the window screen attached to a cool picture frame. It's perfect!

• Anita Gian

Use a wooden embroidery hoop with a piece of lace stretched on it.

• Felicity Wallace

How about this? I made one for my sis-in-law and one for myself. It holds quite a few earrings and I love it! I got these shutters for free but you can find them at thrift stores and such too.