I Can't Play the Organ but I Can Turn an Old Organ Into a Mantel.

When shopping for something to add details to a garden bench I found on old pump organ. Actually I found two! They were $75 each and way beyond refurnishing. I was able to buy both for $100!! The second one is still waiting to be remade.
Here's the faux mantel I made from the front area of the organ.
Below also are pictures of the garden bench with panels from the organ and a vintage style lamp made from "?something?" inside the organ.
i can t play the organ but i can turn an old organ into a mantel, chalkboard paint, fireplaces mantels, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
This is the organ I took apart first. The back panels were used for the garden bench below.
The area within the white is the main part of the faux mantel.
This is the front pieces sanded and ready for the mantel top piece.
The top piece was router out to insert a few keys.
I board was added to the firebox area painted with chalkboard paint. One of the knobs was added to the area above the firebox.
Here's a vintage styled lamp I made using a part from inside the organ. Not sure what the part was but it spins.
And here's the garden bench with organ parts. Anything light brown came from the organ.
Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Sandi Long Lawson

I have an old organ too that I have been thinking about making a desk out of. How hard it is to disassemble. I am kinda limited in lifting, and just wondered how "Bad" on a scale of one to 10 this project might be.

• Sandi Long Lawson

@Country Design Style-Jeanette jeanette thanks so much 4 your answer...will be taking your advice into considering the project!