Celinda M
Celinda M
  • Brandenburg, KY
Asked on Jan 16, 2012

Dishwasher I'm new to Kentucky n when using my disher there is the worse white film. I have tried tried various deter.

Celinda MSheila EWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+5

• KMS Woodworks

This sounds like a hard water issue?...have you had your water tested for minerals etc?

• Look for Finish Glass Magic. http://www.finishdishwashing.com/product-glass-magic-performance-booster.php We have real hard water in our home and if we do not use this stuff our dishes come out with a white film that we cannot wash off. Just put a small amount in with every wash and it works great!

• Celinda M

They say the area is litterly on Lime caverns..thanks all will try the Finish Glass Magic

• Let me know how that works for you. We have had great success using this product and have suggested it before for the same thing that is happening to you.

• Celinda M

thanks all

• Celinda, Did the Glass Magic help? My wife and I are planning to move to KY perhaps early 2013 with our horses. How do you like it there?

• Sheila E

Look for a product called Lemi-Shine dishwasher additive. They make a rinse aid too that works well with the additive but it's the additive that will get rid of the white residue. New soap formulas (lower sulphates) are why the white phenomena is popping up all over.

• Celinda M

I am shocked actually but when everyone has asked me to move back to Texas n Wash. I tell them I love it here n I feel relax n comfort can't really explain it. I did try Glass Magic n a bit better on the glasses but not plastic. Our water level was low cause the builder after finishing the homes didn't turn it up when done building so hoping this helps a bit